St Joseph’s is a happy and caring Catholic school where everyone aspires to reach their true potential with Christ at the heart of all we do.
We are children of God: we achieve, believe and care.
To fulfil our mission we aim to:
- Develop a safe, secure and nurturing environment in which everyone is valued and enabled to grow in self-esteem and confidence.
- Foster the spiritual and moral development of the children within the context of the Catholic faith, whilst sustaining a respect and understanding of other faiths and beliefs.
- Educate the whole child to the very best that they are capable of, through a broad balanced curriculum which recognises, values and enhances their talents.
- Live and celebrate Gospel values and Catholic beliefs
- Make prayer, worship and liturgy both meaningful and relevant experience for all
- Promote a spirit of partnership within the community that enhances the life of the school
- Provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for parents and visitors ensuring that they are treated with courtesy and respect by all members of the community.
Ofsted Report Quotes
Pupils learn well. They make good progress through the school and are well prepared for secondary education when they leave Year 6
Staff have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour and take care to ensure that they are safe. Pupils understand what is expected and respond by behaving well.
Leadership is strong. All are very clear about the strengths and weaknesses of the school. They have led improvements in the quality of teaching and in pupils’ learning.
|Date of Last Ofsted||19/12/2012|